Gentex 710LS Smoke Detector
AC Powered – Self Install
In fire safety, the 710LS is a photoelectric single station smoke alarm designed to give reliable early warning of the presence of smoke where both audible and visual alarms are required. This model plugs into a wall outlet so you do not need an electrician to hook it up.
The smoke alarm operates on the light scattering principle, a superior method of detection in smoldering fires. It has a pulsing LED light source and a photodiode sensor in a fully screened sensing chamber. When smoke enters the chamber, the infrared beam is deflected onto the sensor. The LED rate increases to 8 times the normal pulse rate, and after the photodiode confirms the presence of smoke for 2 consecutive pulses, it will produce the signal necessary to trip the audible and strobe light alarms.
- 177 candela rating (very bright strobe light)
- 177 candela visual signal
- Pulsating 90dB horn (very loud)
- Full function test switch (easy for you to test that it is working)
- Flashes 60 times per minute
- Meets state, federal, and ADA requirements
- Mounting hardware for wall installation
- 9 foot line cord
- UL Listed (USA)