myTTY 3.0 TTY Software
Don’t waste your money on a TTY ever again! myTTY is a Windows computer program that can make your computer perform like a sophisticated TTY with many more features (e.g., phonebook, answer machine, caller ID, descramble, customized fonts and backgrounds). There is even a LAN version of myTTY available that can give immediate TTY access to every connected terminal.
Deaf people and others who cannot hear or speak over the telephone use equipment called a teletypewriter (TTY) instead. TTYs allow individuals to type back and forth to each other. TTYs use a code called Baudot to transmit signals over telephone lines, unlike computers, which use ASCII.
Most TTYs cost $250-$600. They frequently break down, encounter transmission difficulties due to incompatibility with other equipment, and need recalibration from time to time. They take up counter or desk space, and (stay calm guys!) need to be dusted.
myTTY 3.0 is software that lets your computer act like a TTY. It allows you to make and receive calls from TTYs and other computers that have TTY software. myTTY 3.0 enables you to:
- Communicate with TTYs without the expense of buying one.
- Communicate with deaf friends, family members, employees, and customers.
- Communicate with relay services.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires businesses with 15 or more employees to be accessible to persons with disabilities, including those who are deaf. This means that these businesses’ telephones must be accessible to deaf people as well. Businesses now have a cost-effective way of attracting new customers (i.e., those who are deaf), as well as staying in compliance with government regulations.
myTTY 3.0 can be loaded on a single computer or laptop and sells for just $79.95. It may be licensed to be loaded on extra computers or workstations at the cost of $57.19 for each license.
- Alerts to incoming calls
- Audio signals (e.g., ringing, busy) are displayed
- Answering machine
- Caller ID
- Telephone book
- Audio message for voice callers
- Audio detection of optimal voice modem
- Disconnect detection
- Automatic relay dialing
- Save conversation
- Copy and paste text
- Printer support
- Automatic line noise suppression
- Online help documents
- “Ungarble” capabilities
- Customize font, color, size of letters, and background
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP and earlier Windows operating systems.
- 32 MB memory and 100 MB hard disk space
- TAPI-compliant voice modem
- CD-ROM drive 16x
Suggested Modems: Any good quality TAPI-compliant voice modem will do. Following are a few suggestions.
- MultiTech MultiModem Model MT Series PCI (all models that start with ‘MT’)
- Creative Labs Model DI Series (modem models that start with ‘DI’)
- Jaton USB Communicator V.92 (all external USB modems as well as all internal modems)